The Lightroom Show: The Lightroom Show – Ep. 1: Our First Show!

Join Scott Kelby and RC Concepcion as they provide weekly tips, tricks, inspiration and ideas using the Photographer's program of choice – Adobe Lightroom
Athentech

Welcome to the first episode of The Lightroom Show - produced by Kelby One. In this episode Scott Kelby goes over how to create Develop presets using the white balance settings of a RAW file. RC Concepcion talks about the one slider in the Print module that can make your images appear brighter during the print.

The website to watch this week is http://blamethemonkey.com - the photographic home of Elia Locardi.

Make sure you check out additional tips and tricks for Lightroom by visiting the show site at http://lightroomkillertips.com

To get 24 hours a day 7 day a week training on everything Lightroom, Photoshop, and Photography please visit http://kelbyone.com

The Lightroom Show Episodes

1. William Chinn says:

Printing dark fix: Thanks for the number to start with. What do you do to send an image to a 3rd party printer (eg. Mpix)? What would Mpix prefer?

2. Grant says:

Serious amateur photog, take snapshots, but use PS to process pics. Typically I enhance and/or manipulate then resize to 6×4 x300 and save. Once I do that I normally have no use for the original RAW file, so I delete it.
    Trying Lightroom I find because I do not want to save the original RAW file– Lightroom is not for me.
    Can you critique my thinking? Is Lightroom not for me? Or can I adopt a procedure using lightroom which will not load up my memory with old RAW files? I like the concept of Lightroom but the saving of files is my brick wall.

• Dan Cheng says:

Grant,

LR will work with both RAW and Jpegs. LR is non-destructive, Using LR you make your adjustments, then export the results. Leaving your original files alone.

In your case it seems like you PS your RAWS , save as jpeg then delete the RAW. Which is okay, but what happens if you later decide to try a different effect. You no longer have the Raw to work with.

regards Danc

3. Dan McNeil says:

Excellent show. Looking forward to all your future LR shows.

4. Colleen Rutherford says:

LR is such a great program, there is so much to it.
    I like the format of the show- simple, straight forward, short tips and tricks.
    Thanks Scott, RC and all those involved.

5. Jack says:

Terrific idea to come up with a show dedicated to Lightroom a program that most of us spend at least 85/90% of our post-time with. You provided good tips that most of us will find helpful. The print adjustment that RC referenced was particularly valuable to me as I have been struggling with the dark print result for a while now. Much appreciated.

Question: As a KelbyOne member how do I submit comments offering a constructive critique to your programming videos? Is there a forum or tab, other than the shredder button, that one can use?

Thanks again for this new and welcome addition to your excellent photo series.

~ Jack

6. Scott/RC, great first show! It kinda reminded me of the early episodes of Photoshop User TV. Fun, informative, fast paced, and to the point. Keep up the good work.

7. John Havord says:

Frist thoughts on the show –

thank you, lightroom specific show, very welcomed.

Too short, but maybe that’s by design, always left wanting more.

You touched on it, in the show, but a useful occasional topic, could be a LR wishlist. What features, or even minor tweaks, could be useful for end users.

Lastly, tell Adobe, to make sure lightroom is included in their dictionary :)

8. Keith R. Starkey says:

Hello all.
    Great show! But could you please make it so that the slider for the show can be adjusted and placed wherever we want it. Every time I clicked it to skip ahead or go back, it started the show from scratch…very, very frustrating.
    Thanks again.

9. MIkael says:

Great show as always,

10. Rich Stopa says:

Great first show Bravo

11. Lavonne Hall says:

Scott mentioned about having the jpg white balance preview for raw files (hint Adobe). Can’t you do something similar to what you did with the jpg’s with the presets just by mousing over each one when a raw file is selected?

Show looks fantastic!

12. Great first episode guys. Quick and to the point. I really like how smoothly the show moves along and how very consumable the tip presentation is.

13. Sascha says:

Another Great Show from KelbyOne!
    Thanks for the new lightroom channel with tipps and tricks.

14. LindaMarie says:

I really loved the show. Clear, concise and really usable!
    And you can use those same presets on your raw images to see the little preview too. I may be using those instead of the drop down menu from now on.
    Thanks for sharing a few more “aha!” moments.

15. Colin says:

Very slow loading from South Korea. Would love to see the Kelby stuff back up on YouTube more often. Please! Love the content but haven’t been following the Kelby stuff for a while because of this.