The Grid: The Grid: Episode 85 – Blind Critiques

It's that time again! Scott and Matt are joined by renowned travel & landscape photographer Colby Brown as they blind critique your submitted landscape images.

This Week's Sponsors:

Wacom | mpix | B&H Photo | Kelby Training | NAPP | onOne Software | Peachpit | Squarespace | Expo Imaging | Intel

1. Roger says:

Always learn something new with your critiques.

2. Dave says:

I just finished watching this episode this weekend, and the Blind Critique’s with guest experts are by far the best ones. The one with Joe Mcnally and Colby Brown were both excellent, and I learned a lot from them both.

3. Paul M says:

LOVE the critiques with a guest inluded! Just starting to go from portraits to trying my hand at landscapes. Would be happy to win a copy of Colby’s book.

4. On HDR processing: “When the only tool you have in your toolbox is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.”

This attitude not only happens in photography, but also computer programming and I’m sure in other vocations.

Dead trees aren’t dead trees; just wait until spring. If they don’t have leaves in spring or summer, then, they’re dead trees.

5. tim johnson says:

learned a lot. good stuff!

6. Leonard J. Provenzano says:

I always learn from you guys, especially the blind critiques. Keep it up.

7. Bob says:

Really good show .

8. Nice show! Nice critiques and a nice piece of advice, always good to be repeated, so I don’t forget “What’s the subject of your photo?”.

Up for books, any of them :-)

9. Damian Vines says:

Great show guys as usual. Hope you bring Colby back soon :) What’s the longest it has taken to be chosen for critique? I might hold the record, 6 months. Hahaha I’ll keep submitting!
    Thanks all! Take care :)

• Luca says:

Vicki mentioned to me that you had done the photo walk too – how cool that we did this teohtegr when we are so far apart! I was in Tel Aviv years ago, I’m sure much has changed since then but what an unbelievable place! Your photo is wonderful! I saw the ones you posted in the previous entry too and will try to play along on your meme tomorrow :-)

10. Stephen Probert says:

Man, I submitted 5 landscape/travel photos right after the last “the Grid” photo critique a month ago and you didn’t select them. Am I better off to submit closer to the actual show?

11. Tim Cocke says:

I would love to be entered for a shot at the full conference pass. Thanks.

12. TimR says:

Funniest part was Scott’s Scottish accent (at least to my American ears).

13. Larry Robinson says:

Absolutely fantastic show, thank you.

14. Henrik says:

I like the blind critique episodes…

Would be nice if you didn┬Ęt have to rush the critique, and took the time to view all the stuff sent in.

I would like to win Colby’s book …