The Grid: The Grid: Episode 84 – Guest Cliff Mautner

This week, Scott and RC welcome acclaimed wedding photographer Cliff Mautner as they discuss 10 tips for making a successful photography portfolio. Whether you're trying to book clients or just wanting to share photos with your friends, everyone should have a portfolio to gauge their progress and evolution as a photographer.

This week, Scott and RC welcome acclaimed wedding photographer Cliff Mautner as they discuss 10 tips for making a successful photography portfolio. Whether you're trying to book clients or just want to share photos with your friends, everyone should have a portfolio to gauge their progress and evolution as a photographer.

This Week's Sponsors:

Wacom | mpix | B&H Photo | Kelby Training | NAPP | onOne Software | Peachpit | Squarespace | Expo Imaging | Intel

1. know more says:

Hi mates, its great piece of writing regarding teachingand fully defined, keep
    it up all the time.

2. Dave B. says:

My first show and I’ll be sure to watch more. Loved hearing Scott say “one of the best” as you rolled sponsor credits at the end. That’s awesome. I enjoyed the breaks and am happy to have sponsors pay the bill for this type of quality programming. You guys tell it like it is. Thanks!

3. Markus M says:

Great show!
    prefer the new shorter breaks.
    keep it up guys!

4. Chuck Sider says:

Excellent.

5. Kevin Graham says:

Hey Scott,
    Great show! Great topic. And great guest.

You had asked about the ads. I prefer to have less commercial breaks, even if the breaks are longer. I understand the need for the ads, and I support many of the vendors.

However, the show felt a bit jerky compared to usual. Sometimes, great dialogue was interrupted for breaks, and the lead-ins and lead-outs of the breaks were too long. Felt like a lot of the show was consumed with, “And now we’re going to go to a break” and “And we’re back from a break”.

6. Evan Rasmussen says:

Lately I’ve been seeing just part of your show–then it goes to a blank green screen.

7. John c. says:

Love new format. Breaks are spaced just right. Gives me breaks to get other things done at the same time.

Would love a copy of R. C’s book

Keep up the good work

8. Ryan says:

Great episode but I would love it if you could point us in the direction of where to get really high quality leather bound portfolios. Every time I google it I find a ton of companies that make them but most of them seem sketchy and I have never found one that seems to be offering truly good quality.

9. Great Tips
    what about architectural tips ?

take care, see you in Orlando

10. Nice show!

Gotta start thinking about portfolios :-)