The Grid: The Grid: Episode 72 – Conflict and Resolution

Scott and Matt are out of town this week, but RC and Pete Collins filled in nicely with an informative and engaging discussion on Conflict in front of and behind the camera. A lot of links were mentioned in the show and on the live blog. You can find them all here below the description.

Scott and Matt are out of town this week, but RC and Pete Collins filled in nicely with an informative and engaging discussion on "Conflict in front of and behind the camera." A lot of links were mentioned in the show and on the live blog. You can find them all here below the description.

1. Gerardo Palermo says:

I’m catching up with The Grid and I came across this episode. It’s one of my favorite shows in ALL Kelby TV! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very helpful!

2. I can’t thank you enough for this broadcast. Excellent topics covered and I really learned a lot. You guys ROCK!

3. Tom Good says:

Hey guys I’m the one Pete was talking about at the beginning of the show. I wish I had known about Kelby training and NAPP before making such an expensive mistake.
    I hope my bad example can save just one person from making the same mistake, some say experience is the best teacher, well it can be the most expensive also.
    Shows like this are so great, allowing you to learn from other people’s experience, both good and bad.
    It also shows that Pete, RC and the rest of the gang truly care and listen to their students and fans, striving to give the best possible advice on all aspects of what we do.
    Pete, thanks for listening and for your advice both here and at PSW, you are all priceless in my book!

4. Fred Lang says:

This is hands down the best show I have seen from NAPP! You have addressed the heart of
    the matter in this or any other creative business!
    I think anyone who is trying to make a living as an artist, photographer or in any self-employment enterprise should watch this episode of the Grid.
    This concept should absolutely be offered as a class on Kelby Training! Thanks RC and Pete!

5. Marty says:

Thank you very much guy’s, your giving us opportunity to knows simple and technical things regarding Photography specially for those guys like us who have not much to go for a Photography class. You guys help us a lot.

God bless to all!

6. Frank says:

Folks, I already told the Peachpit people: The KELBYTV promo code does not work.

Could you please tell them too?

7. Great discussion!

Conflict is everywhere! Dealing with them is hard, pretty hard.

I was recently doing a design for some voluntary activity of mine and I had to put up with the imposition of ideas that simply killed my concept and turned it into a monster … last time I do it.

That brings the question of “what to do when the client’s view is imposed and really compromises the quality of the work??”

You get paid, but the work might be a terrible advertizing of your quality, though it ceased to actually be your work!

Nancy! Up for the prizes ;-)

8. DaniLew says:

An awesome show, guys! I really loved the end where you talked about feeling empathy towards the person on the other side of our possible conflict before it gets ugly.

Thanks again!

Danielle

9. Greg Poulos says:

Watching the show for a few years now, and Love the show. I was wondering, can you do “part two” of Conflict?

I am curious to see tips for dealing with conflict on the shoot. The client wants to direct/micromanage while you shoot (angles, lighting, etc)

The model has “ideas” about how you should shoot.

Conflict on the “day of” shoots. How do you manage the non-pros who are shooting while you are working… etc

great show guys! :P