The Grid: The Grid: Episode 35 – Erik Bernskiold

Long-time NAPP member and web-developing wunderkind, Erik Bernskiold flies in from Sweden to visit the set and get the pronunciation of his name mangled. Then, the entire set noms on Swedish Fish while discussing how to find the right path to learning photography. Watch now and find out how to win a copy of Corey Barker's new book and a year of KelbyTraining!

Long-time NAPP member and web-developing "wunderkind," Erik Bernskiold flies in from Sweden to visit the set and get the pronunciation of his name mangled. Then, the entire set noms on Swedish Fish while discussing "how to find the right path to learning photography." Watch now and find out how to win a copy of Corey Barker's new book and a year of KelbyTraining!

1. Steve U says:

Need to find some Swedish Fish…

I’ve never heard of Swedish Fish. Different than Gummy Fish?

3. Shawn Highfill says:

I forgot to ask. Scott will you be my close friend and spend the day teaching me how to use speed lights? I have a list of 26 things I am thinking about buying. :-) Need some help narrowing it down.

4. RenLok says:

OMG, I have the biggest craving for Swedish fish. All I can think about is Swedish fish.

Great show, even though for half the episode all I could think about is Swedish fish!!!

5. Shawn Highfill says:

I need to know what brand of chair Matt uses!!!

Swedish fish, an actual Swede for Scott to taunt, RC and Pete bashing, talk of guitars and music, finding out Matt knows all of his scales, a touching personal story about your son, which Matt mocked openly, watching everyone eat said Swedish Fish, and Nancy all the way from France. This is the best show ever. I can’t believe this isn’t in syndication yet..

anyway, this all boils down to people not wanting to look stupid. They want to be perceived as “pros” I don’t think it can be called learning until you go try what you just read or watched. Until you actually do it, it is just something you read about. Reading coupled with action makes learning.

Floof and run.

I know this is late to the discussion, but I was in Cleveland last week and missed it until today. By the way, no photos allowed in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And not one of Claptons guitars there,Crazy.

Sorry I got off topic. Just like this show I guess…

6. Martin Shipps says:

Great topic!

7. Skip Wolff says:

Interesting show as always. Looking forward to next week.

8. Johnny says:

Since I live in Austin, I went to kelbytraininglive to see what you would be teaching in Austin on Jan. 30, 2012 BUT their is no listing. Well, Mr. Scott Kelby, there went that 16″ pizza I was going to bring you.

9. Pargev says:

Please. give some tips for the beginning wedding photographers.

10. Wayne Pearson says:

Love the show

11. Jim B says:

I would like to try On One software but I am not willing to give them my phone number which is one of the required fields.

12. Jeffry Zelt says:

Sorry Scott, but the Bears are going down to the Broncos and Tim Tebo this week. You guys can win next week!
    Thanks for another great show!

13. Serafim Smigelskiy says:

Awesome show! Happy Holidays to everyone!

14. Chuck Sider says:

Go BEARS!!

15. Right back from Help-Portrait (listening to the show in the subway!).

Great show!!!

About “what do you want to believe” is really that we are “schollastic”. We choose a “school” to follow and start defending it (or justifying it).

We do it with everything, religion, sports, politics … why not with photography.

I would say, as many commented live”, get as much as you can from as many as you can and then shape it to your need/usage.

BTW, thanks for preventing me from bying a light meter ;-)

16. Donna Kirby says:

Absolutely love the show. You all are such “comedians” you brighten my day with laughter. My hat off to you all.

17. Bonnie Fiser says:

great topic. Love your shows.

18. Don Evan says:

You have to learn the basics and evolve from there.

19. John Richardson says:

The last 20 minutes about “get out there and try it” was priceless!!

But when you guys forget what you were talking about, all I gotta do is scroll the timer bar back and replay your comment, so I never forget ha ha. A great advantage to watching you on iTunes :-)

Excellent show guys, as always, but it just seems to get better each week. Thanks for sharing with us.

20. Melissa Grover says:

Yay, the Grid aaand swedish fish, doesn’t get any better. :)

21. W Patrick Clements says:

realy can you guys get any better…. great show

22. Susan Sikorski says:

As usual, you guys are top notch! I totally agree with everything you said. (Except for Scott not liking candy much – what’s with that? Candy rocks!)

Sue

• Dianne says:

Question about the Kelby Training offer, does that apply to rneweals as well? My subscription is up in June, any way I can take advantage of the offer?Thanks,Leigh

Good Show.

24. Brendan Jordan says:

You guys rock!!!

25. Brian Horsey says:

Wouldn’t mind winning either the thing or the stuff. Must look out for the fish when I’m in the US in a couple of weeks.

26. Edgar Garcia says:

Love watching Kelbytv during my lunch at work. Keep up the great work!

27. Ed Moxley says:

Great show, as usual………….
    Have a good one.

• Filipe says:

I’ve caelld Adobe support and now one wants to answer my question, they just point me to the forums which do not allow questions. Go figure. Here goes: The app that InDesign created for the App store, is it a standalone, all included executable file that runs on its own, or does it need to be viewed through Adobe Reader or Viewer for iPad?

28. peace gaddis says:

another wonderful show

keep them coming

29. Glenn Hewitt says:

Great show – never tried the fish now i have to go to the store

wow great show guys! :P